Whether you’re buying or selling a property, there’s someone who can help you with your transactions. The real estate agent offers services for both buying and selling properties. Before you embark on the deal, there are vital things that you need to keep in mind when you need to find a realtor. Consider the following to ensure that you make the right decision during the buying or selling process:
One of the essential responsibilities of a realtor is to make sure that a buyer or a seller are brought together in an arrangement that gives each party with a deal that’s equitable. You’ll be confident with a professional realtor as he’s subscribed to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct.
Converse with Agent's Current Clients
Request a list of what your agent has listed and sold in the past year. The agreement information provides you with inputs during your buying process. For instance, you’ll have an idea about the asking price and the sale price during the previous deal.
Check for the Agent’s Permit and Disciplinary Actions
The Estate Council of Alberta sets, controls, and enforces standards for real estate professional across the province. Property law takes care of the rights of individuals over land. With this, agents must follow real estate disciples. To have a license, agents must fulfill the following:
- Expertly finished the courses through the provincial real estate association or council.
- Submit a request to the provincial licensing body together with support from a legal real estate broker.
Take note: Additional courses must be completed required by the province to maintain the license.
Find a Realtor with the Right Qualifications
Like doctors who have specialties, it’s the same thing with real estate agents. A lot of them acquire extra training in certain areas. Some of the titles include:
- CRS or Certified Residential Specialists: They have accomplished completing additional training in managing residential real estate.
- ABR or Accredited Buyer’s Representatives: These specialists are good in representing buyers in transactions as they have completed further education.
- SRES or Seniors Real Estate Specialists: Completed training, these experts guide buyers and sellers in the 50-plus age range.
Tip: A licensed realtor must have passed a criminal background check.
Discover the Realtor’s Expertise
Measure the agent’s knowledge of the area. A good realtor can actively engage in a particular area and price range. It will also help you if you take a look at his current listings. You’ll have an idea about the asking price and the sale price.
Final Thoughts for You
You don’t have to fret about how to find a real estate agent near you to suit your needs. Maxwell Polaris can bring the top Edmonton real estate listings for you. Highly recommended realtors are available to serve you obtain the right property that will suit your taste and needs. Searching for houses for sale in Edmonton online is made easy in the comfort of your own home.
Posted by Client Support on